Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > ECHOES

Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.

Aesthetics of Weapons

Posted 07-01-2009 at 06:16 PM by ECHOES
Updated 07-02-2009 at 10:42 AM by ECHOES
Ah, the beauty of weapons. Some sleek, some futuristic, some just big honkin' blocks of steel and plastic. We all have certain guns that we like and the ones we extremely dislike.

I myself, like weapons that are "simple" in nature. Maybe not simple in their internal workings, but simple in outward design. I like clean, hardworking, and not flashy. You will probably never see me with an M4 loaded with rail candy, or and MP5 with a Red Dot scope.

Simple fact: I like iron sights.

They will work everytime you need them. No batteries, no electronics, no problem. You whip our your gun, iron sights are their just waiting to be used. No fiddling to turn them on.

And....Without out further wait, the list.

Dislikes

12.) MP5k with 30 round style magazine
I'm not saying I don't like MP5ks, but you put that big ol' magazine in it and the the whole look is ruined. Stick with 20 rounders.

11.) MP5 SD5/6
Wow, two MP5 dislikes in a row, you guys must think I don't like them at all, well I do like H&K's product, but the silenced version is bleh.

10.) M4 with a solid stock
M4s are not meant to have solid stocks, simple as that.

9.) Silenced SAWs (M60, M249, RPK, etc)
Just plain wrong. No excuses. Support guns should be large, in charge, and LOUD.

8.) Scoped AK-47
One of many assault rifles never ment to have a scope. (Please don't confuse with a Dragunov, totally different design, different round, different gun)

7.) Any sort of box magazine/C-Mag on a Armalite
Does not belong on any sort of M16/M4 etc.

6.) Scoped Revolvers
Looks horrible to me. Don't put a scope on something with no stock and that short of barrel.

5.) Box/Cloth Magazine on an M60
For looks, belt fed is the way to go on this weapon. Plus, who wouldn't feel hardcore with belts of 7.62 draped around their shoulders?

4.) MG36
No. I'm not a fan of G36s in general, even more with a C-mag, ugh.

3.) Painted G36s
I don't mind painted weapons, but painting a G36 is wrong in my opinion.

2.) Painted MP5s
Wow, another MP5 on my list. People, don't paint your MP5s. They aren't meant to be painted. Ask Agent Spencer about his Systema TW5.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

and #1
"Tactical" AKs
AKs. Meant to be tough, reliable, and hardcore. With a smooth exterior and curved mag, it screams "resistance" and has the iconic look of being a weapon that has served all over the world, in friendly hands and in the enemy's.

No rails, fancy paint job, or red dot scope on an AK. No Black or OD or whatever color you want to paint it.

AK, with wood grips and wood stock or possibly a metal stock. The way God ment it to be.

All opinions expressed in this Blog are mine entirely. If this blog has offended you, get over it.
Views 5495 Comments 14 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 14

Comments

1. Old
    I agree with you on tactical AK's, nothing looks tackier than Echo 1's RIS'd AK. I also like simpler M4's, an optic of some sort, maybe a vert grip or a 203. Not A fan of the crane stocks because they're wide and ruin the slimness of the weapon. Also if an M4 had a silencer than it should have a M733 length barrel or it's too long.
    Posted 07-02-2009 at 02:53 AM by Comrade Garcia Comrade Garcia is offline
  2. Old
    1.)Anyone with "red tiger" painted on their weapons. I am sorry but if my armorer would have seen that crap, there would have been some "issues". Too much Call of Duty...

2.)Above the carrying handle optics mounted on M16/M4 weapons as well. If you have solid carrying handle then get a z-mount or use your irons the way God intended! We are at less than a hundred yards here, do you really need the optics anyway?

3.)P90's with all of those ridiculous extra rails all over them. And those awful high capacity magazines. P90's look great on their own, they don't need you cramping their style! If you don't see what I am talking about head here: ( http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=11961 )

4.)Pistol style M4's... WHY GOD, WHY!?!?!
    ( http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=21674 )

I think that about does it... ( sigh )
  3. Old
    A well-articulated blog...with one exception: It's "meant" not "ment".
  4. Old
    You forgot wiring running along the externals of the guns. I cannot stand to see wires from your 12v 80,000 mah running along the stock or receiver because yout think you need that much power. Or even battery bags, they kill the whole look IMO. I might be crazy, but keep your gear on vest not your gun.
  5. Old
    Thanks Vader, I thought something looked wrong with that word.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    13.) STANAG P90 Magazine Add-On Thing
    Just plain wrong in general

14.) PEQs on M4/M16/HK416
    Going along with the sleek design, I feel that PEQs just ruin the look. They may house your battery, but bleh!

15.) Bipods on any G3 variant
    I don't know why I don't like the look. I just don't. I love G3s in general, but the bipod just kills it.

16.) Scoped M14s
    It's a love-hate relationship with this style. I think I'm going to stick with the classic rifle look.

17.) Glocks
    Another love-hate relationship. I own one as my sidearm, but I really don't like the shape or style, but it is a simple GBB to use and operate, go figure on that one.

18.) Too small or too large of scopes
    Get a scope that works good and works with the size of your rifle. I cringe at the 20X scope mounted on a M16/AR-15 carry handle.
  6. Old
    I think painted G36's can look pretty nice, given they're done right. A nice 36K with AG36, and Eotech 522, looks very nice with a good worn paintjob.

But, here are my own gripes:

Silver guns should never, ever see a field.

SPR Clones with fugly, generic brand scopes on super high mounts. Just no. I'm sorry, but a Leopold M3 or replica is the only thing that looks right.

Bastardized guns with camo, electrical, and duct tape wrapped around them in an unholy sarcophagus.

Orange tips. They kill everything.
  7. Old
    001, half those things you just listed, you own...
  8. Old
    Lol, what do I own? I don't own a silver gun. Maybe my Mk14 counts as an SPR, but hey, it looks alright with the EOtech.

And I only wrap one strip of tape wround my grip and VFG.
  9. Old
    Luckily it's airsoft and I can do whatever I want to my guns
    Posted 07-02-2009 at 07:15 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  10. Old
    you guys are so right.. just look at THIS guy.

http://jungle7.altervista.org/_altervista_ht/usmc5.jpg

hes doing everything wrong! he raped it and topped it off with a PEQ. gross!

Updated 07-02-2009 at 09:18 PM by stewb_10
  11. Old
    Amen SoL. I completely agree with the M4 pistol aspect. My philosophy: If you want a full auto pistol buy a f*cking Glock 18 and leave it to that. I personaly am a fan of the PEQ box, mostly for the holding of your battery. But hey, everyone is entitled to their oppinions-it's what makes us American.
  12. Old
    Buy an M-4 pistol and aviod the $200.00 dollar tax stamp for an SBR on your real steel but alot stuff look like crap .scopes too big flash light out wazoo . crapy paint jobs are amuck
  13. Old
    Dislikes
    1. Painted guns.-Sniper rifles only please.
    2. Improper markings/trademarks.-.45ACP silencer on a 5.56 rifle?
    3. Fake 308 Win rounds on a SAW.- SAWs are 5.56.
    4. Scoped SMGs.-SMGs are CQB weapons. If you can't hit someone 25ft away sell your gun and buy a Wii.
    5. Aftermarket RIS not being used.- Why buy a RIS if you're not going to put anything on it, including rail covers.
  14. Old
    1. Painted PSG1s (OH GOD WHY!!!)
    2. Scope magnifiers
    3. A M16 mag fed SAW
    4. Clean guns (true warriors are not fresh and clean)
    5. Hoboflage
    6. UTG RIS (It's so tight, you cant even fit a fuse box in the grip anymore :D)