Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > hilljacked

Rate this Entry

Proper fluid intake

Posted 03-04-2012 at 05:53 PM by hilljacked
I was having a conversation with some massage therapist from the new age medicine side of the career field. Ones that still believe increased fluid intake is required after massage due to _____(fill in the blank).

Long story short I thought I would post information on proper fluid intake and fluid replacement in preparation for a physical activity.

Lots of people don't understand or know that too much water can be just as harmful as not enough.

*This information is for educational purposes only. Anyone with questions about fluid intake or nutrition should direct those questions to your Dr. or a qualified professional.

2-3 hours before activity 2-3 cups

15min before activity 1-2 cups

every 15 min during activity .5-1 cup

After activity 2cups for every pound of body weight lost.
2 cups every 20-30 mins until total amount has been consumed.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3779 Comments 4 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old
    Everyone also needs to understand the importance of proper hydration even up to 24 hours prior to activity. Hydrating the day and night before makes a world of difference.
    Posted 03-12-2012 at 02:33 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  2. Old
    Its also wise to avoid not only alcohol but also caffeinated beverages before. Both can lead to dehydration, it only takes 2% dehydration to effect muscle endurance.
  3. Old
    Whenever i play a sport or do an activity, I always say, hydrate or die. No one I ever said that to has died from dehydration, so i must be right.
  4. Old
    I follow this guideline, and it's a lot easier IMO that the cup method. Start two evenings before, and maintain clear pee. Just drink enough to keep it clear, BUT be sure to replace your electrolytes as well. Trail mix, jerky, and about two bottles of gatorade an event or half of one during a break is more than sufficient. We had the specific equation in medics about how many electrolytes you need to replace per calorie burned or what have you, but we don't really need it, so I tossed it. haha.