Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Psychoduck

Rate this Entry

The DBoys SCAR-L First Impressions

Posted 07-02-2010 at 03:42 PM by Psychoduck
I ordered this gun off of www.airsoftmegastore.com. It cost about $180. It came with the gun, 300rd hi-cap (metal), foregrip (plastic), barrel extension (metal), cleaning rod, and 250 .2g BBs. It did not come with a speed loader which is a bit of a disappointment because I lost my speed loader a few months ago. This is a full-metal gun. Everything that is supposed to be metal is. Metal parts include the upper reciever, barrel, sights, rails, trigger, selector switch, and other small components on the gun. The stock and lower reciever are a high quality plastic. There is also a rubber buttplate on the stock. I have not yet seen the internals.
The sights are nice and the cheek-rest is adjustable. The stock is also adjustable and foldable. I believe the magazine is a standard M4 mag. It uses a small battery which some of you may want to replace with a larger one. The barrel extension is pointless, it doesn't have an inner barrel in it. I put it on simply because I like how it looks. The only problem I can see is that the battery wire is exposed while the stock is folded. I estimate that this gun weighs about 10 pounds.

The gun shoots great out of the box. It is very accurate with .2s and is very powerful. It was shooting holes in a tarp from 100 feet away. I haven't fired the gun a lot yet, (these are my first impressions), but I can tell I will be very happy with this gun. I will give a final verdict in a few weeks.
Tags: dboys, scar-l
Posted in Airsoft Reviews
Views 4364 Comments 6 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old
    Im not sure how the dboys is configured but there is a mod that works on some scars that i used on my CA one to get quick access to the battery compartment in the stock. If you have to use an allen wrench/key to access the battery compartment remove the stock like you are changing the battery and extend the stock all the way out. on the little guide rod the stock follows look for a small set screw on the bottom of said rod. Remove that screw and now you can still use your stock like it was before but once you pull the stock to the 4th position the stock will come off and you can do a quick change on the battery. Just something I thought worth mentioning
  2. Old
    Watch out for the stock. They break easily. Don't doubt me. Even the VFCs break.
    Posted 07-06-2010 at 04:01 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  3. Old
    Yes, the stocks do break very easily.
  4. Old
    <a href="http://www.as.com">adfa</a> adf sadf
  5. Old
    Friendship essentially involves discount alexander wang handbags a distinctive kind

of wholesale alexander wang handbags concern for your friend, a concern which might

alexander wang handbags sale reasonably be understood as a kind of love. Philosophers

from alexander wang online the ancient Greeks on have traditionally distinguished three

alexander wang shoes store notions that can properly be called

alexander wang store xzx
  6. Old
    ^ Yay! Now i have something to put my USP in when I'm walking around. =D