Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > sonnysonny

Rate this Entry

Funny story about my FREE G&G

Posted 09-11-2009 at 02:18 PM by sonnysonny
As some of you know, at my last event i won a raffle for a free GR16 CQBR G4. Once i brought it home, I ordered a battery and sat it up against my dresser, and went to my friend's house to rub it in his face.

Once i got home i saw that the gun fell over and the stock was twisted to the left at a 45 degree angle. I quickly pulled off the stock and the wires fell out in a **** you-ish fashion.

The next day my dad helped me take the stock off, solder them on, cover them in tape, and tighten it down to the point of where Jesus Christ himself couldn't rip it off. The reason it was cut may have been aided by the razor sharp sling mount.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7338 Comments 30 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 30

Comments

1. Old
    All g&gs should be free because they suck so much they aren't worth a dollar.
    Posted 09-12-2009 at 06:55 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  2. Old
    funny how I have a g&g SOL and I havent had any problems with it. Every gun manufacture will have several problem guns here and there.
  3. Old
    I love my G&G still running strong all stock gearbox except the spring which is shooting 485
  4. Old
    I've owned two g&gs. Both were awful. Especially the m14. I will never give anyone my money for such a terrible product.
    Posted 09-12-2009 at 07:40 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  5. Old
    I love my fs 51 its a G&G and it rip the nuts off a hell of alot of other guns .
  6. Old
    Ny G&G M4 has worked fine so far. Good ROF and range while maintaining a good 335 FPS
  7. Old
    Ive had nothing but good experiences with my G&G. Same with my teamates. SoL either bought lemons or didnt do any research into what he was buying.
  8. Old
    Ha. I did research the m14 and umg. People say they're good guns, some don't. I went ahead and got both. And they were fine out of the box but after a few months the m14 basically ate itself. And the umg looked awesome but shot very weak and wasn't a good platform. Hope the new ones are better. Good luck with your gun.
    Posted 09-12-2009 at 09:02 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  9. Old
    other than having to reset the bucking in mine, mine is fine. Mine has fallen over a few times and i even dropped mine out of my lap and it's rock solid. Not sure what happened with yours mate, but if it's that new, it should still be under warranty. Mine came with a warranty card and everything.
  10. Old
    No this was 4 years ago LOL.
    Posted 09-12-2009 at 10:50 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  11. Old
    I think they have changed a little since then . These are much different guns.
  12. Old
    Yeah I used Foolio's G&G m14 (Airsoft Louisville) and it shot 370 fps at about 1100+ rpm. The only downside is that it was the heaviest gun i have ever lifted (Ive lifted the ca m249) and it was as long as a sniper. That was reason enough to give it back to him and find a unclaimed Kalash AKS-74U. The two scenarios i was able to handle it where some of the best rounds ive ever played.
  13. Old
    What do you mean by unclaimed?
  14. Old
    I hope you didn't just find it and take it.
    Posted 09-14-2009 at 07:02 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  15. Old
    Joe'd been at the underwear factory going on 13 years now... he'd worked hard... he'd put in his time...and gradually, he'd been promoted... now, he was inspector #17... not the most prestigious number in the world, but hey, it could have been worse... at least he wasn't #2... that honor i'm afraid to say, was reserved for poor, sweet Marjorie... I'll tell ya, she was the butt of many a joke around the factory (no pun intended)... No, #17 wasn't that bad at all... it was respectable even... But what Joe couldn't stand... what Joe hated more than anything else in the world was inspector #1... Hank Peterson... with his big toothy smile, his gangly arms, and his fancy salon haircut... Hank, you see, was the son of the owner, and had not come into HIS position honestly... But even more so, Hank was not what you'd call a modest man... and everyday around 10, Hank would start... He'd parade around with a pair of RX440's on his head, laughing and pointing... shouting "I'm number 1, I'm number 1..." Well yes Hank, today you may indeed be #1... but things change my friend... things change...
  16. Old
    G&G's aren't terribly great. Sorry you won one.
  17. Old
    Not saying they are the best there is, but they are one of the better high end guns.
  18. Old
    I just do not understand why people flame G&G. I can understand if you bought one and had a problem with it. Face it everything you can purchase in life can have some kind of problem with it. That doesn't mean you should judge right there and then that that manufacturer sucks at making that product. I know when G&G first started out their guns were not so great, but it has been what? Several years now they have improved a lot over the years. All I am saying is don't knock on it unless it is proven by the majority that it is a bad product.
  19. Old
    Dina, I flame out of experience with the brand. I've seen countless G&Gs broken and in need of repair. They're also a pain to keep working most of the time.

If you have good luck with them, great. Most of the people I know, and most of the guns I've seen, have been much less than stellar.
  20. Old
    Are they older guns or the more recent versions?