Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > hkrazy

Rate this Entry

See ya later AO. It was fun, but Utah calls once again.

Posted 08-22-2011 at 06:50 AM by hkrazy
Hey AO,

Just thought I would let you know that I once again, had a magnificent time this summer indulging upon your airsoft open plays/ operations/ rolls n lulz. I cant stress enough how much I miss you every time I leave for the school year and have to shoot strange people in this strange land. Although the mountains are great and the skiing is greater, its hard not to think too much about my team and friends that I only get to meet up with a couple times a summer.
AO has been a huge part of my life and has given me some of the greatest friends I could ask for, to have lulz, slug Jack, and occasionally shoot a twelve year old or two at an open play. The scene has changed a little bit in my 5 years of play. I worry sometimes, about the scene's direction, but then I realize that AO has maintained its most important quality: an airsoft organization in which members fight occasionally, like any healthy family, but remains united when it comes to game time. The Utah airsoft scene out here has a lot of dissent, and its really hard to watch them fight over things that dont matter. The people out here are great people too, but they draw lines in between these teams and those teams, and certain teams wont step foot on a field with other teams.
Its an us and them mentality. Dont scare me, dont go a changin too much. AO is us, we are a family. And even when our naive little brothers ask us how to make their super 9's into shotguns, or how to piece back together their first gearbox expedition, or how to cox their mothers, we need to be gentle and teach them how to cox like a pro.
Ok, enough being serious. I just worry sometimes, and really needed to put that out there.
Anywho, I'm really excited. School starts on Wednesday for me. After spending 2 years at Westminster College, SLC, as a math/phys major, I decided it wasnt for me. So I transferred this year to Salt Lake Community College to do my first two years of engineering prereqs in one year, then off to the UofU for two more years of engineering school. Gonna be a mechanical engineer.
With this exciting good news comes bad news, Im only going to be home for one event next summer, due to catching up on this engineering stuff. Im timing my summer visit to Ohio during the next installment of Pine Plains. So if you really love me and want to see/shoot me, come to PPVIIIVXCII, or whatever one they will be on by then.
It was a good summer AO. Ill miss ma Juggernauts, and all of my other softairs friends I have made over the years. Hopefully Ill get to see STAT, whatever the f*** Ronin's new team is, Scorpion, Phil, Red (of whom I did not see at all this summer > ), Blade, Miyagi, and whoever else I like that I cant remember right now sooner rather than later.

Stay sexy AO,
Ty "HK" Gregg
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5337 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    I miss you already Ty
  2. Old
    <3 you bud.
  3. Old
    You're still alive? I thought you were abducted by aliens or something.