Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Ogdru

Rate this Entry

Green and Tan.

Posted 07-24-2009 at 01:03 PM by Ogdru
Updated 07-25-2009 at 03:12 AM by Ogdru
I've heard alot of complaining lately about the amount of players dressed improperly for AO events so I'm going to try to clarify what TAN and GREEN mean.

Tan for alot of AO events doesn't exactly mean is has to desert patterned equipment, but that's a very smart way to go with Tan. There are a lot of different options for the Tan player from Digital Desert/ACUPAT patterns, to the 3/6 Color Deserts. I think most players would agree that while you may feel cool in a pair of jeans with a black shirt you're confusing the hell out of the rest of us. If you want to rock the contractor look, get a full set of Khaki Tactical Clothes, that's atleast the right color scheme.

As for Green, it's the most readily available type of camo there is. I can go to Wal-Mart and find a woodland t-shirt and matching cargo pants for under 20 dollars. There are plenty of options for green side outside of Woodland. Digital Woodland (Marpat) and OD green being probably the most prominent. Flecktarn seems to be pretty popular as well.

I'm going to attempt to make a list of the different camo patterns for both sides, so feel free to chime in if I forget one.

Tanfor

ACUPAT
ABU's (updated tiger stripe pattern, in use with air force)
Desert Digital/MARPAT
3 Color Desert
6 Color Desert
Khaki
Multi-Cam (yes this is a green pattern but it get's tossed in with the Tanfor group)

Greenfor

OD Green
Tiger Stripe
Woodland
Woodland Digital/MAPAT
Flecktarn
CADPAT (great in Ohio)

If you can't find something you like out of either of those groups, I really don't know what to tell you.

Also, as a side note. I would also like to see more people show up with full BDUs but let's try for atleast matching colors first. It's not perfect, but it's a start.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18071 Comments 12 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 12

Comments

1. Old
    Great blog.
    I'm glad someone finally put whats what.
  2. Old
    Side note I would probably put ABUs wherever you end up putting the Universal Army Pattern (ACUs). But that is just my opinion they are so close to eachother. Now a side side side side note is I would love to see people come and play with the NWU (Navy Work Uniform).
  3. Old
    Take an ABU and an ACU uniform and stick them right next to each other. They are virtually the same color. Uniforms like this and multicam are once again, under the judgement of event organizers what are considered "tan" and "green".

People can go out to Walmart and buy camouflage clothing, but its still not a BDU. In my honest opinion, seeing someone wearing camo-pattern cargo pants and a camo-pattern t-shirt detracts from the game play as well. Surplus stores are located everywhere, you can easily find them in the Yellow pages. Too far a drive? Army and Marine recruiters offices often have them. I have had friends looking for cheap BDUs to use in a film project who have walked into a recruiters office and walk out with a full set of Woodland BDUs.

If not, save up some cash, cut some lawns, do a few favors for grandma, and order some off a website like www.uscav.com.
  4. Old
    I would love to show up in ABU's some time... Just for giggles. But a full set (boots, T shirt, belt, etc) is obnoxiously expensive and I need to get a non airsoft set first. To my knowledge they do not make a whole lot of knock offs for this pattern yet. I will have to check the base thrift store and see if people are trying to get rid of their ruined ones.

Aside from the boots (that are dumb) and the cut, the ABU and ACU are hard to tell apart from a distance.

For cheap BDU's, hit a surplus or thrift store near a base, old M83 woodland or older school UTES can be had for less than a bag of good bb's if you look hard enough.

Oh and Minion, ISKRA is in the process of getting the new Navy uniform. You might get your wish.
    Updated 07-25-2009 at 01:03 AM by BIRDSTRIKE
  5. Old
    Yeah, I thought ABUS' got grouped with the Green since they are based on tiger stripe. I get my BDU's from General Merchandise in Pataskala. It's a good store for all things gear/clothing.
  6. Old
    Anyone else have problems IDing Multicam as tan or green? Myself and a few others have noted that at the last NEO open play. Really if all else fails, green or tan based color cargo pants and matching shirt will do. I think we should rename jean and t shirt wearers to either "insurgents" or "paintsofters".
    Posted 07-25-2009 at 07:21 AM by Comrade Garcia Comrade Garcia is offline
  7. Old
    One day while walking alone in the woods, a man came across something that gave him reason for pause... a brittle, mishapen branch had fallen from an old tree and landed by the bank of a small but quickly moving stream. Balanced precariously on a stone jutting out from the underbrush, the branch teetered back and forth, one end dipping in the edge of the water, then falling back, tapping lightly against the stone. For nearly a half an hour the man watched this, transfixed by the picture of beauty before him... the gracefull run of the stream, the delicate rhythm of the branch's tapping... he watched, and began to lose himself in the simplicity of it all... then, as he sat crouched by the side of the stream, sun breaking through the tips of the trees, a cool wind gently scraping across his cheek, he had a revelation... "great," he sighed... "now I have to pee."
  8. Old
    Hey MinioN, which NWU? There are 3 One for shipboard ( gray, black white) ,shore based ( green predominately, I've never seen it) and land-desert ( primarily tan) What you wear is based upon where you're stationed/deployed
  9. Old
    I have problems identifying mutlicam from a distance, some is just greener than others. From a far distance its really hard to tell. I think multicam should be a case by case basis, http://128.171.62.162/hawthorn-engin...r/multicam.jpg
    that is pretty green looking to me, http://pocomilitary.com/catalog/imag...-BDU-shirt.gif that is pretty tan looking to me
  10. Old
    Multicam is a terrible camo for tan players in my opinion. When looking through a couple of trees you might choose not to shoot when you see green, although they were wearing multicam, it caused you to get out. This then leads to shoot at any questionable camos causing another problem. Tan often times tend to shoot at multicam (I've been there). In my opinion, multicam should be moved to green. I don't see how one could consider it tan.
    Posted 07-26-2009 at 11:16 AM by MeticulousAssasin MeticulousAssasin is offline
  11. Old
    Well when you invest in genuine or even decent knockoffs it shouldn't be that hard to identify it as tan. The problem comes when everyone and their brother buys a set of multicam off of ebaybanned or some other site for $30. So saying it is terrible for tan is kind of ignorant because of how tan true multicam is, unlike multiscam.

But what do I know, I am just a boy who likes turtles....
  12. Old
    Ha, I wish I had ABU's. Problem is, it's new and in high demand, and almost all of it is going to the Air Force at the moment. And any ABU's you do find are very expensive. They are almost exactly the same color as ACU, but if the USAF Security Forces guy I talked to is correct, there is a bit more grey in the ABU's. Regardless, the digital tigerstripe is, in my opinion, very nice.