Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs

Old
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

The Full Story Behind My Decision to Become a Pararescueman.

Posted 01-21-2010 at 05:46 AM by Ogdru
Updated 12-19-2011 at 05:44 PM by Ogdru (Spelling Errors :/)
I haven't always been a big kid, for a long time I was skinny as a rail. My distaste for physical activity at the time, and a insatiable appetite have left me where I am now. I'm sitting at about 220lbs as I write this. While that might sound like alot to some of you I used to be 300-315. Years of no exercise and eating whatever I wanted to left me feeling sick most of the time, and dampered most of my social life throughout middle/high school.

When I finally got out of...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9928 Comments 13 Ogdru is offline Edit Tags
Old

Job Hunt

Posted 01-14-2010 at 09:36 PM by gertrude (Life After Airsoft)
I've been very gifted with wonderful family members and friends who took care of me when I was down and out. Now that I'm feeling better, I'm trying to repay their generosity by trying to find work. I have been through a number of job interviews, and while I don't have work yet, I've had myriad mystical experiences here in the City that make the hunt an amazing adventure.

Today I had three separate interviews. The first was great and resulted in a very quick offer of a second interview....
Tags: city, homeless, jobs
Posted in City Life
Views 2771 Comments 8 gertrude is offline Edit Tags
Old

My Taco Truck

Posted 01-08-2010 at 05:56 PM by gertrude (Life After Airsoft)
It's a Friday, the week after the New Year's. Some time around the 20th of December, my next-door taco truck went on vacation.

My taco truck. It's gone missing.

They took a "two week" break. It's been more than that, and I haven't had a burrito in ages. A proper burrito, that is. The Chipotle-style burrito was first created in San Francisco, you know. It includes rice, beans, meat, maybe some veggies, cheese, possibly guacamole, and can have some other...
Tags: food
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3112 Comments 18 gertrude is offline Edit Tags
Old

My 552 commando...Has problem and i'm pissed off about it

Posted 01-08-2010 at 02:48 PM by Deadlock58
Im so angry. I was shooting my gun today. I was at my friends house and out of no were my gun just stopped shooting. It feels like i dont have a battery in it. But i do have my battery in it. And its almost fully charged. I did notice alittle rattling last night but it stopped this morning. I have no clue what it is. I havent tampered with anything and no one i know has any clue what could have happened. Some one please help me. I'm taking it to the shop today to see if they can help me. Any...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4431 Comments 9 Deadlock58 is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Airsoft and the Dharma

Posted 01-06-2010 at 07:00 PM by gertrude (Life After Airsoft)
I want to talk about a question that has been bothering me for some time. I want to know if airsoft is violent. As a sort of lens, I'm going to examine it through my beliefs.

I'm a Buddhist. I was raised Catholic, and still see the beauty in Catholicism, but I don't believe there's a guy above me watching my every move. There are a number of other beliefs I have that preclude me from being Catholic, let alone Christian, but that's the big one.

Being a Buddhist means...
Views 5523 Comments 16 gertrude is offline Edit Tags