Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Apex1

Rate this Entry

A slot of ventilation.

Posted 06-15-2009 at 10:00 PM by Apex1
So lately, I don't know why, but I've been feeling kind of "insufficient" around the forums. I guess that's the word to use.

Anyway, I have been feeling like this mostly since I joined and I think that it's because I don't know anyone here, I haven't been to any events this year, and I'm only 16.

If you've read my other blog, you know that most of my free time is spent around the 'church'. Since we meet on Sundays and since I am the unofficial worship leader, Saturdays are spent getting music together and practicing That's why I haven't been able to come out to games and events recently.

During the week I work at a pizza place with my dad and that is how I can (barely) afford airsoft guns and what-have-you. So during the summer and into the Fall and Winter, I am unable to attend said events on weekends and most evenings during the week.

A lot of people underestimate me because of my age. Granted, they may know of or have known of teenagers who are or who have been mischeivous and/or just frankly, stupid. But that is only a steroetype that I am trying my best to avoid.

I'm going into my last year of high school next year and then off to college. Technically it's a whole year early, but that's what you get when you're as devoted as me...

Airsoft is something I'm absolutely passionate about. It is just something that has always fascinated me. The movements and seriousness of the players and the whole atmosphere of camradarie of the players between themselves.

To me I think, "Why wait until I'm physically older to be a part of something like that?".

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I don't have to be on your level to be as sufficient as you. I know the physics of airsoft probably just as well as the veterans and I've played half as much as they have. (I'm trying not to be cocky).

Yes, I currently own a DPMS M4 CQB. It's not the best gun in the world, but I don't take anything for granted. Someone once told me that it's not the gun you're firing, it's the one who's firing the gun.

I'm on the path of receiving an M14. I'm not going to empty my savings for a TM or G&G. Just something that I can eventually take to events and not be ridiculed.

So that was just a sort of slot of ventilation. Pay no mind.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3474 Comments 9 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old
    If you're looking for a cheaper M14 the CYMA's probably the way to go. I would advise moving on from that current M4 ASAP.
  2. Old
    You also might consider looking into the Echo1 G3's. You'll get the range you'd get out of an M14, but they're less cumbersome. They're also pretty cheap ($150 on AirsoftGI). Then again, I'm biased towards G3's. Just a suggestion.

Anyway, I joined these boards when I was sixteen, so I know how you feel. Nothing against anyone on here, but there does seem to be a trend towards not taking minors seriously. I totally understand this, because a lot of the kids that join these boards are, well, kids. With all the immaturity you see from these kids that join, it's not difficult to see why people would be weary of taking them seriously. As long as you contribute well to the forums, people will take you seriously. For the most part, anyway.
  3. Old
    I joined when i was 13 lol and I have had my fair share of stupid things but I've just learned from them and yeah CYMA has a few afordable guns you could check out
    Posted 06-16-2009 at 07:31 PM by Tactical Ginger Tactical Ginger is offline
  4. Old
    I thank you all so much for your suggestions. I will take them to heart and consider each of them faithfully. Thank you again.
  5. Old
    Assuming you know airsoft as well as older players of the sport is a poor assumption. The man who knows he knows nothing, is a man of true intelligence.

When you get out to quite a few events, you will realize your previous assessments of the hobby, its dynamics, and people, need to be modified. It is simply a fact.
  6. Old
    Red, I'm not saying that I know the game itself as well as some of the older players. I'm saying that I know the physics of airsoft in general. I know that I am considered unexperienced by most players who have played for more than 4 or 5 years. Keep in mind that I played for about 3 years in New York.
  7. Old
    Just to put things in perspective, remember most , if not all of the "older" players were teenagers once too. We know how you think.
  8. Old
    Dude I'm only a year older than you.
    I joined this site at age 13.
    I started a team if friends that summer. We dissolved 2 years later.
    At age 15 I was offered a spot on team SPEAR.
    At 16 I attended my first john lu event.
    This year I plan on attending Op Irene.

So your age carries no validity, your actions do. So instead of kind of complaining , nut up and be like me.
    Posted 06-20-2009 at 08:47 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
    Updated 06-20-2009 at 09:15 PM by Son of Liberty
  9. Old
    Thanks?

Update: I just recently ordered a Kart M14.