Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs

Old
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

My Pararescue Journey has come to a unfortunate end.

Posted 03-06-2013 at 01:04 PM by Ogdru
As of March 1st 2013 I'm no longer pursuing my 6 year attempt to try out for USAF Pararescue. I've found out that I medically am not qualified and I can't continue further with this career choice. I've lost 160 lbs all together now and I've gotten myself up to the physical standards so I can't say that this has been a null pursuit. It's been unbearably difficult for me to accept that I'll never be able to give what I considered my dream job a shot anymore but it's something that I'm going to have...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 14741 Comments 15 Ogdru is offline Edit Tags
Old

Update on My Decision to Become a Pararescueman

Posted 08-24-2010 at 11:35 PM by Ogdru
Updated 03-28-2011 at 06:59 PM by Ogdru
Last time I posted anything to my blog about this was over 9 months ago, so I decided to do a bit of a update.

I've been working very hard towards my goal of participating in some of the toughest training the military has to offer. It's been alot of ups and downs but I feel like I've stuck with it and it's really starting to pay off. I've been working towards the PAST (Physical Ability and Stamina Test) listed below. I've also had to drop my weight down the acceptable level (186lbs)...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6181 Comments 2 Ogdru is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

The Full Story Behind My Decision to Become a Pararescueman.

Posted 01-21-2010 at 05:46 AM by Ogdru
Updated 12-19-2011 at 05:44 PM by Ogdru (Spelling Errors :/)
I haven't always been a big kid, for a long time I was skinny as a rail. My distaste for physical activity at the time, and a insatiable appetite have left me where I am now. I'm sitting at about 220lbs as I write this. While that might sound like alot to some of you I used to be 300-315. Years of no exercise and eating whatever I wanted to left me feeling sick most of the time, and dampered most of my social life throughout middle/high school.

When I finally got out of...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8537 Comments 13 Ogdru is offline Edit Tags
Old

Green and Tan.

Posted 07-24-2009 at 01:03 PM by Ogdru
Updated 07-25-2009 at 03:12 AM by Ogdru
I've heard alot of complaining lately about the amount of players dressed improperly for AO events so I'm going to try to clarify what TAN and GREEN mean.

Tan for alot of AO events doesn't exactly mean is has to desert patterned equipment, but that's a very smart way to go with Tan. There are a lot of different options for the Tan player from Digital Desert/ACUPAT patterns, to the 3/6 Color Deserts. I think most players would agree that while you may feel cool in a...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 16329 Comments 12 Ogdru is offline Edit Tags