Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > WhiteOut

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

New Camouflage Types

Posted 05-23-2012 at 08:14 PM by WhiteOut
So I've seen a few new camouflage concepts come out inn the past few years that are very adaptive. Some of them are:
GhostEX Kilo-1
ATACS
ATACS FG
Pencott
Multicam
US4CES
AOR1 and AOR2
NWUTYPEIII

Post what you guys think is the most adaptive camouflages that have come out recently and why you think it is. And please no hatred or flame wars.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19963 Comments 33 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 33

Comments

1. Old
    I believe spring 2012, I could be mistaken though.
  2. Old
    I believe this family of patterns was selected by the army in its phase 4 testing. http://soldiersystems.net/2012/02/14...list-patterns/

They're going back to multiple patterns instead of a "universal" pattern. Thank god, anything but ACU please!

On the topic of the PMAG's. The Army banned all private purchase magazines, not just the PMAG's. No one has the official reason why, so I'm going to leave my opinion about all that to myself.

sticks
  3. Old
    USMC Despat blends perfectly in Ohio.
  4. Old
    I didnt know Ohio was in a desert environment..
    Updated 06-04-2012 at 07:03 PM by IRONMAN
  5. Old
    Here is my little list of camo that is best suited for the typical Ohio field.

Spring/Summer:

CADPAT

Digital Flora (Belorussian version), taken from my back yard

Fall

Type 03 "Tibetan Flecktarn"

Multicam
  6. Old
    I like multicam, works great here in southern California year round. Desert MARPAT is good as well. However MARPAT and those darker patterns are a bit too dark for use in most environments around my area, with a few exceptions of course.
  7. Old
    IMO, I think CADPAT is the best, ATACS FG is second best, and MTP is third. MTP us better than OCP.
  8. Old
    I think Flecktarn is an excellent pattern. It works pretty well during the summer and spring especially. Fall its ok, and winter...well everything but white sucks in winter lol
  9. Old
    wait the army has not banned pmags and also the army is looking into switching camo again its looking to do a garrison universal camo then a camo more suited for woodland and another more suited for the desert
  10. Old
    i personally like acu but multicam and marpat are tie for second
  11. Old
    I am actually starting to like XCamo and Tropentarn.
  12. Old
    The problem with all the different patterns is one of logistics in airsoft.

When you have patterns that blend well enough that they can look green or tan depending on their surroundings, thats great for concealing you but it also makes identifying you a potential problem for other players.

Everyone thinks its great to have such diversity, but fail to consider the consequences of that decision. If you can't be identified, you have a friendly fire incident. In that case its not as much the shooter's fault as that of the person choosing their pattern.

When you choose a uniform like that, it could also be considered a form of cheating in that you are choosing NOT to identify yourself more clearly and allowing misinformation on the field. That can upset the integrity of your team and lead to frayed nerves and angry voices. This could be seen as the same as a person wearing a green top with tan bottom, or if you read some of the AAR, people who are wearing black t-Shirts and become difficult to identify.

Personally, I would like to see event organizers take a stand and flat out ban some of these patterns from events for this very reason.

Before jumping into all this diversity, you need to ask yourself if your choice could also result in problems for the other players on your team and the other side. Because this will become an issue down the road as more and more variations come out of the woodworks.
  13. Old
    i would have to say that CADPAT or woodland MARPAT for spring and summer. ATACS for fall. and then ghostEX Kilo 1 for winter