Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs

Old

A parting shot, Part 2

Posted 08-28-2017 at 03:58 PM by Jonezy
Updated 08-29-2017 at 09:44 AM by Jonezy
Threads were being posted all over about PolarStars shooting "bricks" and there was a heated discussion here about what to do about all of it. There was no shortage of completely idiotic ways to fix the problem. They ranged from forcing users to use the highest regulator pressure at the lowest rated nozzle in order to get under the 400 FPS limit, which would've been extremely wasteful of air on an already relatively inefficient platform. For airsoft, AEG batteries have much more energy...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1037 Comments 2 Jonezy is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 89 votes, 5.00 average.

AEG Long Range Barrel (LRB) Experimentation

Posted 01-07-2013 at 03:08 PM by Jonezy
Updated 01-14-2013 at 09:33 AM by Jonezy
Before my time, back in the age of what we now refer to as "classic" airsoft guns, a vastly different method of applying backspin to the BB was used. Sheriff, a now extinct company, invented and patented the Long Range Barrel (LRB) system for many classic airsoft guns. In essence, it was a seemingly straight inner barrel with a curved bore as shown here:

Image courtesy of car15kokusai:...
Tags: barrel, long, lrb, potato, range
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 30191 Comments 11 Jonezy is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

A Reminder About Your Teeth

Posted 02-01-2012 at 10:14 AM by Jonezy
Hello everyone and welcome to my first blog post. I have a few things to say about dental safety that I feel have not been stressed enough in this forum and in our sport in general. Please hear me out and consider the following:

Every time I go to an event, I notice how many other people have expensive goggles like ESS Turbofans, Revision Desert Locusts, so on and so forth. In one day at Springfield, I counted well over $1,000 worth of eye protection being used by various people on...
Views 9648 Comments 14 Jonezy is offline Edit Tags