Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs

Old

AK47, An Opinion.

Posted 10-03-2009 at 09:04 PM by Skate
While I appreciate the rugged durability and performance of the real steel AK47, I don't quite think it translates into airsoft.

First off is the fact that it is a size that it a bit..awkward. The AK47 was made as an assault rifle, and as such is a mid sized weapon. As a result, it does not gain much accuracy from a long barrel, but is not short enough to be used efficiently as a CQC weapon. Some may disagree, but I have owned an AK47 and all to many times found myself trying to...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9264 Comments 16 Skate is offline Edit Tags
Old

Introductions And You

Posted 09-07-2009 at 06:02 PM by Skate
Take a look at the introduction forum. If you take a look at the replys there's almost always a new, overly eager member who is telling the OP to follow the rules, or read the rules, or watch their spelling. I'f you notice, many of these members are the very same ones who were repremanded for the very same issue.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sat that I am an old, well known, well respected member, or even one above average. However I do think that it is a little bit...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6032 Comments 16 Skate is offline Edit Tags
Old

War Movies To Watch

Posted 08-26-2009 at 04:38 PM by Skate
In the vast and varied land of war movies many fail (Thin Red Line) while a few stand the test of time to tell a tail of a truly heroic or just plain awesome battle (Saving Private Ryan). The following will be a few of my favorites, and will tell you exactly why if you haven't seen these movies you should. Now. Top 5 war movies of all time.

5. The Great Escape

This may not exactly be a war movie, but it fits the genre as its about a bunch of POW's who make a massive...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8121 Comments 70 Skate is offline Edit Tags
Old

Simulation and Religion, do they conflict?

Posted 08-11-2009 at 12:03 AM by Skate
Murder. The Bible, Koran, and Torah all say that it is morally wrong. Of course, this directly referrs to the actual act of killing another human being, but does it extend further? One of the Ten Commandments says that thou shall not kill (or something along those lines), does that include "fake" killing, Call of Duty, Metal of Honor, Halo? Does it include airsoft?

Personally, I'm not sure. On one hand, people have played army from the dark ages, on the other, have...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5788 Comments 8 Skate is offline Edit Tags
Old

Where did the funny go?

Posted 08-03-2009 at 08:55 PM by Skate
Theres been a lot of good comedy's that I loved that have went down the drain. Family Guy, Futurama, Scrubs, South Park, The Simpsons, House (in that dark humor kind of way it had), Spongbo...nevermind. You get the point.

With Family Guy coming off the air in 2012 to be replaced with "The Cleveland Show", I just start to feel that they're trying to hard.

Futurama is coming back, did you hear? Apparently they could be coming back with different voice actors,...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4776 Comments 13 Skate is offline Edit Tags