Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Loyalist42

Rate this Entry

A Pint of the Black Stuff

Posted 03-13-2010 at 08:12 PM by Loyalist42
Guinness is awesome
I've drunk it many a time
Irish beer haiku

Mmmm. Loves me a pint.

So. With St. Patrick's Day very much on the horizon, I thought it only appropriate to post something about beer. And yes, I know full well that in Ireland the holiday is marked primarily by church attendance and spending the day with one's family. I am not, however, in Ireland. I am in American college. So, beer will be consumed.

I don't really know why the hell so many Americans drink green light beer to mark the holiday. Remember kids, the Irish have never brewed a beer weak enough to dye green!

My evening will consist primarily of Guinness, Conway's Irish Ale, Jameson, perhaps some Killian's to save on cost, and copious amounts of Irish music. I've been a fan of Celtic Punk since freshman year, originally Dropkick Murphys. Relatively recently my iTunes has (have? is iTunes singular or plural?) expanded to include Flogging Molly, The Pogues, The Tossers, Gaelic Storm, Enter the Haggis and a handful of Irish rebel music. All will, of course, be played Wednesday next.

It's a funny thing. I'm half German, half Irish (which makes me homozygous for beer, of course). But I've always identified more strongly with the Irish side. Perhaps it's a simple matter of my dad's side of the family being more interested in family history than my mom's, I don't really know. But that's how it's always been.

Alright. Enough typing. I've got a fridge full of beer and a party or three to get to. 'Tis Saturday night, after all. Let's raise a pint of the black stuff Wednesday night. And for God's sake, don't drink any bloody green beer.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3159 Comments 6 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old
    Guinness is like mothers milk .Green beer = Green piss
  2. Old
    I'm with you, I rarely drink lagers anymore. About the only American brew I will drink is Sam Adams. Otherwise it's all English, Irish, or German stouts. Good stuff.

I always have a couple of Black and Tans on St. Patty's Day.
  3. Old
    Green PBR! WOOO!

Dont look at me like that. Im on a budget.
  4. Old
    My Uncle always has made his own draft and I will get a sip or two of it. Also my grandfather is british and does also give me sip or two of his stout. Other than that its just a soda due to my age and a "kid" approved party.
    Updated 03-16-2010 at 09:08 PM by wahugg
  5. Old
    Torque, you have to try Great Lakes Brewery's selection. Brewed in Cleveland. Best beer made stateside, bar none. I am not exaggerating. Edmund Fitzgerald Porter is so dark, you can block out the sun with it, and it's soooooo gooooood.
  6. Old
    Well, I guess I must be half Mexican because I love tequila.
    El Toro Pong is my favorite collage sport.