Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Daxter

Rate this Entry

Sad future for airsoft in the family

Posted 12-21-2010 at 01:03 AM by Daxter
Well, I was getting everyone into airsoft in my family. Convinsed my mother and her boyfriend to try it out, got my brother and possibly my brother that I didnt know I had till 2007. My father is the sad part. He was planning to possibly go and play airsoft with us from time to time and yet, health got him down and landed him into the hospital.

He was already a left leg amputee already from 2000 and now a few days ago, they ampuatated his right leg above the knee. The possibility of him and I playing a game which we both found fun and interesting is now a 0% chance. I know it was hard enough to play something as active like that but he never let his leg slow him down. But now that he has on, ha cant do not only airsoft, he can no longer ride his prized Harley Davidson which he had rode ever since he was stationed in Turkey. He will no longer be able to SCUBA dive with my brother and I and things will change drastically for him and I. I know that this really doesnt concern anyone here on AO but i had to get this out of my mind. I dont ask for sympathy or anything. Dont even read this if you dont want to. Its only for me. Just sad that dreams wont be coming true.
Views 7526 Comments 17 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 17

Comments

1. Old
    Don't get two down about it. You will adapt and find new exciting things to do with your dad, I promise. Yes you will probably have to leave some of the old stuff behind, but creating new memories is just as fun.
  2. Old
    Don't be too saddened by it, sometimes life kicks you in the nuts. Just get back up and keep going. I have a feeling you guys will think of new stuff to do soon.
  3. Old
    What about prosthetic limbs?
  4. Old
    why'd they have to amputate?
  5. Old
    Gerber: they already had a prostetic for his left leg but the right one is too short and nothing can really fit it.

Mr Kong: They had to amputate becuase the VA messed up during surgury for an artery problem and caused his areteries to get Staff infection. He still hasnt been released from the hospital
  6. Old
    im really sorry about that
  7. Old
    Sorry to hear that mate.
    But on a more positive note:
    I think that your thinking bout this to negatively. You can always push him around in a wheel chair for airsoft!
  8. Old
    I'm sorry to hear that however, it is not a 0% chance that you'll play airsoft, just low. Have you ever watched some Milsimjunkie vids on youtube? There are videos with a man in full tactical gear, playing in a wheel chair at in indoor facility. There's an indoor place somewhere along the OH-PA border that you guys could try out. Who knows? Maybe it'll make for a better experience.
    Happy Holidays
  9. Old
    Also if he can't do airsoft he can still do extreme wheel chairing.( I don't think that's what it's called.)
  10. Old
    Dude absolutely DO NOT ever give up hope ....look up how many amputees still serve in the military reguardless of issue,loss of limb, ect ect still these men carry on and serve with honor.
    im absolutely sure WE( the airsoft comunity) will find a way for your father to play, if i remeber Titan, or someone was in AS few months ago and in an airsoft magazine someone outfitted at wheel chair with multiple m203's coupla saws ect ect and it was motorised.
    I am absolutely sure with all the smart people here SOMEONE can figure out a way for him to enjoy a sport with his son
    if you remeber one thing
    Nec Aspera Terrent= No Fear on Earth
  11. Old
    "Why do we fall? - So we can learn to pic ourself up"
    Everything is going to be okay man! Im sure you and your family will find awesome new things to do. It all just takes time. Be patient and let everything fall into place. It will all be okay man. Chin Up Smile Big
    AO is always here for ya
  12. Old
    i kinda like gerbers idea. buy him an M134 minigun and you cart him while he shoots
  13. Old
    Dude, if we're ever at the same event. I will gladly push round the Wheel Chair of Death.
  14. Old
    The most important thing about this post is: your father is still alive and you have him with you. That is the most excitement you will ever need or want. We can find ways for you 2 to play airsoft together...dont worry, this community is helpful in anyway possible. Keep your head up and see you out on the field, with your dad...
  15. Old
    Dear AO Brothers in this blog commenting-

You guys are sweet. You just totally made me D'awww and regain some faith in humanity.

<3
  16. Old
    I read an article in Take aim magazine about a guy in the UK who plays in one of those all terrain wheel chairs. They called him tank. He could also be the "gunship pilot" type guy from blind furry 6. Get him a go kart and some LMGs. Look into the Springfield mechanized devision rules on AO.

Heck he could be part of the command staff at a big game, or a role player.
  17. Old
    i dont know about you but your dad is x-military he dont know the word stop if i have my way i will let him use my 4weller to get around that i promise he comes to a springfield event he can use it hope he gets to feeling better my prayers go out to him

*correction, he is and will always be military
    corrected by Dax_7
    Updated 07-24-2011 at 07:23 PM by Daxter