Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Life After Airsoft

What happens to you after airsoft. And a little bit of what happens during.
Rate this Entry

Go On, Punk- Make My Day

Posted 02-14-2010 at 05:41 PM by gertrude
Tim loves cranberry oatmeal cookies. I decided to grab some today for Valentine’s Day for him with some other various items. Strawberries (actually for me), peanut M&Ms (… also for me), some green beans… okay, who am I kidding, everything was for me. No, really. Even the cookies. I doubt he’ll get to eat all ten of them.

I can say with absolute certainty that I love my boyfriend, though, even when I’m pretending to buy him things and actually planning on enjoying them myself. Even the shaving oil and aftershave gel I got him from a local gay/mostly organic/slightly hippy boutique is actually to encourage him to shave more than once a week. (This is also for my benefit.) Despite the super awesome fun time we’re going to have this evening, I am also going to posit that he will not have made my day the awesome day that it is.

I was in line at Walgreen’s purchasing some… *ahem*… Catholic-banned baby-inhibiting devices and some M&Ms when one of two Black gentlemen in beat up leather coats somewhere in their early-mid 50s turned around and muttered something to me with a pleasant smile on his face.

“I’m sorry?” I asked, not understanding him.
“I said, is today Valentine’s Day?”
“Yes, it is.”
“Well then happy Valentine’s Day to you.” Grin, wink.
He turned around and his friend said to me over his shoulder, “Sorry, they don’t let him out much.”
I shrugged and grinned. “It’s okay.”

After another ten seconds, the first man turned around to me and said, “And let me tell you: he’s one lucky-***-mother****er.” He looked forward again.

I blushed. I grinned. I bought my condoms and chocolate and grinned all the way home.

I told Tim the whole story a few moments ago. I said, “Honey, I love you. But that man just made my day.”

I don’t care that he was ugly and old. He was kind and he paid me a compliment. I’m much more easy-going than most women, and I don’t like to take compliments all the time, but for some reason I really took that one to heart.

So, go do a good thing some time. If you can manage to find the right time and the right place, give a woman a compliment. It doesn’t matter if they’re "your" woman or someone you don’t know or even your mother. Tell them they look nice today. Tell them they look vibrant. Be sincere. Go on. Make someone’s day.
Posted in City Life
Views 2568 Comments 15 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 15

Comments

1. Old
    tl;dr you bought condoms, someone is getting lucky tonight
  2. Old

I usually keep compliments to myself these days. It's safer that way.
  3. Old
    Titan: Oh wow.
  4. Old
    ...yet again another cool story bro. Charlie, throw that one in the story box for me.
    Posted 02-15-2010 at 01:23 AM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  5. Old
    Nonono, you're doing it wrong, SoL. You're supposed to be less douchey to women now, not more douchey.
  6. Old
    Oh. I thought it was opposite day.
    Posted 02-15-2010 at 06:20 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  7. Old
    Worst comeback ever. Anyway, another very interesting blog Gertrude.
    Posted 02-15-2010 at 06:30 PM by MeticulousAssasin MeticulousAssasin is offline
  8. Old
    SOL, you should always take the opportunity to compliment a woman.

For Example:

"You are simply lovely, my dear. Please jump on the trampoline topless so I can marvel at the dazzling of your eyes."

See? Complimenting a woman's eyes. Because women are vain and like cheesy compliments.
  9. Old
    ...yawn...
  10. Old
    So he compliments you, and you insult him in return? You couldn't use any other description to paint the reader a picture of this so called "gentleman" other than "old and ugly"?

"...I’m much more easy-going than most women, and I don’t like to take compliments all the time..."

No you're not. You just proved you're nothing special at all and just another typical self absorbed attention yearing human being. Who's still so attention deprived after said encounter, needed more attention to satiate them by posting this blog for others to be drawn to your tale. And if this wasn't enough you then tell us to perform the same act that was performed on your behalf to other women. Shall we assume they will all react the same way you have? Shall we assume they will think nothing of us and pay us no respect in return for the effort we put forth?

At least now I know that after 3 blogs yours will always be meaningless and empty. You are so sadly starved for attention you had to belittle a stranger who complimented you. Great job!
    Updated 02-16-2010 at 10:29 AM by Scorpion
  11. Old
    Oh schnap!
  12. Old
    Wellll.....
  13. Old
    Holy crap! You just got told! That was like a verbal Rick James of doom! lol
  14. Old
    If you want me to describe the guy as a salt-and-pepper haired man with brown eyes standing about 5'7", I can, but those aren't relevant details.

Quote:
    Shall we assume they will all react the same way you have? Shall we assume they will think nothing of us and pay us no respect in return for the effort we put forth?
    So, if you'd read his comments (both of them right before you posted), you'd see that he wasn't complimenting me. "Cool story bro," isn't ever a compliment. He was reading my blog and then complaining about it for no reason other than he didn't like it. I'm cool with that, but the point was to try to get guys to compliment women more. We like it, especially on Valentine's Day. To turn around in a blog about complimenting people and start complaining sort of isn't the point.

I also don't ask for praise on my blog- I asked you quite specifically to go out, find someone you love, or maybe don't even love, and compliment them. I'm trying to pay it forward. Really, you should try it. It feels great, and even if it doesn't go well, at least you tried.
    Updated 02-16-2010 at 03:34 PM by gertrude (Clarity.)
  15. Old
    I like Gerty's blogs. There's something about reading the thoughts of an educated woman. Even if I don't always agree with the point of view, its nice to see something was well thought out before it was posted.
    Updated 02-16-2010 at 04:03 PM by Texx