Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Loki

Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

A time for giving...

Posted 12-08-2010 at 11:25 AM by Loki
As the end of another year approaches, I'm again reminded of how lucky I am to have good friends, most of my family alive and kickin', a roof over my head, food that I need to eat, and crap I can play with/do when I'm bored. Many others can't say the same.

Many people this holiday season will go hungry, out in the cold, with little concern of being bored. Kids will go without toys, and so on and so forth.

Nobody on these forums can say that they are poor enough that they cannot donate a GI Joe to Toys for Tots, or are too busy to volunteer. Everyone can do SOMETHING.

I urge all of you do to at least something to give to other less fortunate than themselves, whether it be volunteering or donating to charities.

If and when you decide to donate your time and/or toys, post a message here, and I'll see if I can't get something special for you in return.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7097 Comments 6 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old
    In addition to this, Operation Christmas Child is also a great way to give back, I do not know if toys for tots and Op Christmas Child are related.
  2. Old
    The best way to touch the lives of children WOULD be through an FTS minivent.
  3. Old
    Very thoughtful post Loki, I like it.

My wife and I take a boy and girl, the same age, off of the Salvation Army giving tree and purchase a toy for each, we have done this every year since we have been married, 3rd christmas and we will continue to do this once we have kids.
    Updated 12-08-2010 at 12:40 PM by NH_Nitemare
  4. Old
    I just sold my "mystery airsoft box's." Every dime is going to make sure a few kids have a nice Christmas.
  5. Old
    the wife and i pick a random family where we live and purchase a small gift and meal for them..........i also send a christmas card to the recovering american soldiers at walter reed army hospital..............every little thing helps......
  6. Old
    This year my family and myself decided to give back. We went down to West Virginia/Kentucky border with our Church and brought this town a semi load of food and gifts and clothes. Just seeing the families and their faces when they got food, clothes, blankets. What really got me was the kids, seeing their faces light up when they got to pick up their present. I'm just really thankful that I could participate and give something back to the people who have barely nothing.