Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Loki

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Why NOT to preorder PC games

Posted 10-18-2010 at 11:47 PM by Loki
Me being the Fallout fan that I am, I decided that I'd preorder Fallout: New Vegas for the PC, and being the dutiful Fallout fan that I am, I went to pick it up at the store.

So I come home to install it, and I get this message:

Note the time and date circled in red.

So I did some searching only to discover that Steam doesn't unlock the game until 3AM our time, because apparently their servers are on the West Coast.

So I wasted time, gas, and money to get a game right when it was released, only to not be able to play it for two days because I have class at 830AM, followed by other stuff that fills my schedule until Thursday.

Thank you Valve, for ****ting on my parade, asshats.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12872 Comments 25 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 25

Comments

1. Old
    This is just an issue with games that require things such as steam to activate.

Games out of the box that do not require that do not have this issue.

I've been a long time PC Gamer and I still prefer PC over Console. More players in servers. Better graphics and physics capabilities, and of course, MODS. PC Gamers do not need to spend 15 bucks on lousy "DLC" to keep the game alive.

I like consoles also, though. I play my fair share of both. I love the ease and functionality of consoles and how easy it is to play with friends.

I just wish PC gaming was like how it used to be. Those were the days. Back when we had thinking man's shooters. Man....
  2. Old
    Spetz, can you say Deus Ex? One of my favorite thinking mans shooters.
  3. Old
    Too add to what the wise man Spets has already said... Your 360 controller has 12 buttons? Cool, my PC has 115, plus combinations. Also has 5000DPI aiming device.

Though, as Spets, I do play both. A man's got to have variety, right?

Ah, Deus Ex... That **** was a blast. But when it comes to thinking man shooters, it's all about R6: Raven Shield.
  4. Old
    PC Gaming doesn't have to be expensive if you know what to buy and where. I got mine through my work for less than a PS3 new in box and this computer will SMOKE any console out there in the graphics department.

I give consoles their merits, no doubt, but for an FPS player, I like my mouse and keyboard.

And yes, totally addicted to New Vegas right now. PC gamers might want to look into a D3DX9.dll patch, however, if you have issues with framerates when around multiples NPCs.
  5. Old
    May I ask, and sorry for being off topic and posting late, but what Theme is your Firefox browser set to in the photo?