Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Son of Liberty

Rate this Entry

Hair Style

Posted 07-13-2010 at 06:48 PM by Son of Liberty
What a lot of people don't realize is your hair style really says a lot about you. Think about the greasy kid from Grade School. His hair was always nasty and obviously unwashed, he had no friends, because you could tell he was a social outcast due to his terrible hair care. Anyway. When thinking of hair style, think of a celebrity with awesome hair. Like JD in Scrubs. I've gone through a few hair styles in the past few years. A few key things to think about when getting a hair sytle:

The Work
Having nice hair isn't for those who don't like responsibility. I wash my hair twice a day and condition once. One wash before work, one wash/condition after work and working out. What I do weekly to keep my awesome hair. I wash in the morning, I usually use a dandruff control shampoo. No one likes flakes, even if you don't have them, dry air can really make them stand out and chicks don't dig it. In the evening I use Axe Deglue, it's specially made to remove hair product. After that I use Suave Shine Control Conditioner. Everyone loves full, shiney hair.

The Product
This is where personal preference comes in. Decide on the style, each style uses a different product. Hair Spray, gel, paste or mousse are the common ones. I use paste, it doesn't leave my hair crusty like gel and no fumes like spray. It also allows you to tussle your hair about throughout the day for a different look. I use Axe Whatever paste for that messy/tussled look. It works. Axe has many different pastes, sophisticated look, spiked up look and suave look. It's all up to you.

Before
Make sure you comb your hair nice and straight before the application of product, makes a world of difference.

After
Don't neglect your hair! Just because your hair looked good this morning doesn't mean it looks good now. Hair will wilt in humidity. You have to make sure to keep the look up. Tussle your hair about during the day to ensure your look is at its finest.

If anyone has any questions on good hair care, PM me! I'm always willing to help!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5595 Comments 38 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 38

Comments

1. Old
    Take a #2 and Get a Buzz Cut. Nuff Said
  2. Old
    Monkey, that hair says a lot about you. Says you don't like to work to keep something nice. That you're willing to conform to the "standard" you're a square.
    Posted 07-13-2010 at 06:50 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  3. Old
    I'm clearly not a square. And how does that say I don't like to work on keeping something nice.

My hair doesn't grow out like yours, it just keeps on building ontop of my head, and it never gets to a hair like yours where you can build it to change looks. It's always one constant look.

If I let me hair grow out, I would look like some kid who had a bowl put ontop of my head and cut around it. It's disgusting.

With that being said, I still keep my hair top notch. It's always washed and perfect shape. Dandruff shows more on shorter hair
  4. Old
    You can rock a styled look with longer hair on top.
    Posted 07-13-2010 at 06:55 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  5. Old
    No. Just wait til you get into college, the first couple months you will follow this routine you have...after that you will conform to my actions
  6. Old
    long hair ftw
  7. Old
    Longer Hair also equals to your head heating up faster and can't cool down as fast. FTL
  8. Old
    Used to have longer hair, now I take it off with a #1
  9. Old
    Long hair is gross...are you "that" kid?
    Posted 07-13-2010 at 07:31 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  10. Old
    Is this what you teach the kids as a camp counselor?
  11. Old
    Shut up, SOL. When I had long hair, chicks told me I looked like a rock star. And dammit, they were right because women NEVER lie about anything - especially when its a compliment.

When a woman tells you you look like a rockstar, the very least you can do to return her compliment is offer to let her be your roadie.
    Updated 07-13-2010 at 08:37 PM by Texx
  12. Old
    Lol Texx. And I'm with Monkey, #2 buzz FTW.
  13. Old
    I just know you have a tornado tactical hair gel dispenser.

With a magpul on it of course.
  14. Old
    SOL, do you happen to remember my old hair? People called me "Sunshine", made cat calls at me, petted my head erotically. I just couldn't take it. For me, a buzz cut was a neccesity.
  15. Old
    I have always been jealous of Matt’s hair …
  16. Old
    I can't tell if this is a joke or not...

Short is easy and never stupid, not like some of those air-dams out there.
  17. Old
  18. Old
    When I'd get up in the morning and jog, the feeling of the wind blowing through my hair as the woman's husband chased me out of the yard... it was the greatest feeling in the world. And then that moment when you shave the long locks from your head and are left with that velvety feeling of closely cropped hair. Makes the last 16 months worth it.

I grew my hair out because I was free to do so. ANd when I shaved it bald, it was the cool feeling of those shorn hairs laying atop my scalp before the hot jets of water washed them away...

umm. I grew it out because I felt all like SARMURAI....and when I shaved it off, it was like leaving that person behind....
  19. Old
    Greatest.... blog.... EVAR.

Wish I could rock this.

20. Old
    This is a valid and well thought out blog.

Matt, thanks for the product tips.