Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Life After Airsoft

What happens to you after airsoft. And a little bit of what happens during.
Rate this Entry

The Quiet at the End of the World

Posted 11-04-2010 at 12:39 AM by gertrude
The weather is odd here. There's no spring, really, and no fall. No crunching leaves. No cold, dark, sloppy gutters and stark yellows and browns.

I work now. I work about 5 hours of overtime every week, and I work every day.

The City has been crazy. The Giants won and they did it with style. I never cared about baseball until five months ago. The celebration was less than two blocks from my house. There wasn't as much piss on the building as I thought there'd be.

I finally got hired at the 'List. I've been working there for seven months as a temp, but working full time. Just no benefits until now. I'm going to have healthcare now, and a 401k. I don't even know what that means.

Friends are far, but in my heart. I miss Ohio. I want it even more, knowing I'll be home in three weeks.

The wind is quiet now, even though the ocean is only six miles away. The seagulls are sleeping closer to the water. I never see any sand, despite being in a city surrounded by water on three sides. The waves are constant, but for now I can enjoy the quiet here at the edge of the world.
Posted in City Life
Views 7538 Comments 11 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

1. Old
    Did you read this at a coffee house on open mic night?
  2. Old
    Say goodbye to your toys in a happy meal.
  3. Old
    We can have the toy if we're good little boys and girls who get fruits and veggies with it...bleh..
  4. Old
    Texx, actually, yes, I did. One thing I forgot to mention is that I'm now the best beat poet in San Francisco. I am regularly visited by the ghost of Alan Ginsberg, and have made a small shrine to him in my home. So far, I have managed to acquire quite a number of toenail clippings and pieces of his discarded mail on the black market.

Also, Andy-
    I may not get toys in my happy meal, but if I don't have health insurance and have no income, I'm covered for medical expenses that are outside of my financial ability to pay. ... Despite my overwhelming and all-consuming love for McDonald's, I think I'll take the health care.
    Updated 11-05-2010 at 09:34 AM by gertrude (stuff)
  5. Old

Is it true they have taken soda out of vending machines too? I thought a heard a while ago they were going to start doing that and just wondering if they actually have.
  6. Old
    Despite my overwhelming and all-consuming love for McDonald's, I think I'll take the health care.
    Does that come with a toy?
  7. Old
    I'm covered for medical expenses that are outside of my financial ability to pay
    You know who pays for that health care?

**** YOU KATE! <3
  8. Old
    Andy- I haven't seen any vending machines, actually... well, no, I've seen one at a gym that was full of vitamin water and plain water. So maybe?
    Texx- If by 'toy' you mean my prescription inhalers, yes.
    Duo- That's actually not true. Healthy San Francisco is payed for by business owners here in San Francisco. So, if I make less than 30k a year, I pay about 20$/a month down to 0$/month depending on my salary range, and then employers here pick up the rest of the tab. So, <3! It's not so bad.
  9. Old
    PS, Duo- I think yer just jealous.
  10. Old
    Gerty. Waffle house.
  11. Old
    Figure out a night... any night but Sunday! (Sun eve/Mon morning.)