Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > alphafoxtrot19

Rate this Entry

First Entry 08-26-09, Kariya, Japan

Posted 08-26-2009 at 11:01 AM by alphafoxtrot19
I think the most apropos way to begin a blog such as this, is to explain how I got into this wonderful hobby. Afterwards, I shall outline what I intend to include in future entries.

So, how did I become enmeshed in the sport of Airsoft, you might ask? One day, long about this time last year, a friend of mine mentioned something about making an amateur war film.

"How", I asked, "did you make it look real?"

"My friends are into airsoft, they have lots of guns that look like the real thing", he explained.

"What the heck is airsoft?", I asked, my interest piqued.

"It's a game where you shoot plastic BBs at each other using replica guns", he said.

"Do you play?" I asked, eagerly.

"No, not since I left Sweden," he said, "but I would if I had the chance here in Japan."

That was all the encouragement I needed. So, after a quick Internet search, I found a group of other foreigners, who play on a regular basis.

They were more than happy to invite my friend and I. In fact, they even provided us with guns and ammo, no charge!

If you like, you can check out footage from my first game on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9nsHzkWpFI

It was a blast. Needless to say, I was hooked. Shortly after that, I dove in head first, picking up a used Marui M-4, a Ghost Gear CIRAS Vest a Propper Universal Camo Pattern ACU, and a used Marui M1911A1 GBB pistol.

My collection has grown a bit since my first investment. And my biggest problem is how to keep my expenditures on the DL from my wife!

In any case, that is my story of have I got in to airsoft.

Now, what you can expect from this blog (maybe). I'll try to update it with summaries of any events I attend in the future. I think this could be an interesting way to share what airsofting is like in Japan with fellow airsofters in Ohio, through the eyes of an expatiate Ohioan. I'll add video of the events I have attend in the future, which will be a nice way to augment the blog with something visual.

I really think you'll be interested in the load outs the Japanese players have. And, I think I can pepper the blog with still photos shot by one of teammates, too. He does a nice job of getting good photos while on the field.

So, that is what you can expect later on. Thanks for taking a look!

alphafoxtrot19
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3113 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    have fun balancing airsoft and being married...