Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Seagull

Rate this Entry

Times, they are a changin'...

Posted 03-02-2012 at 08:25 AM by Seagull
Sad days ahead Battlebuds and shipmates.

In the last few weeks I've had to think long and hard about how to use my finances and which of the several very expensive hobbies I humor need to take precedence. Since I haven't played airsoft in almost 8 Months, my guns rusted do to unforeseen storage complications, and my income has dropped heavily, airsoft will be taking a back seat indefinitely.

This also combines with the recent and shocking news related to a man I had much respect for on the AO forums, and community. A fellow Sailor too... I won't name names, but I'm sure you can figure this out. Many rumors fly around about him right now, and I can't say they are unwarranted. I am disappointed though, and hope he does the right thing in the end... His actions have made me loose some faith and trust in the sport. I know it's just one man's mistakes, but they are very serious, and it's troubled me greatly.

Back to why I'm hanging up my helmet.

Many of the events I wish to attend are on my Navy Drill dates, and Pine Plains will mostly take place in June/July, where I'll be spending 2 months for temporary duty between several stations.

Add that to my current hobby of Warhammer 40k, which has consumed most of my time since September 2011, I have my priorities set. I'm trading in the fighter's stool for the general's chair. The tournament dates and circuits fall in line better with my Drill dates.

Combine that with a possible knee surgery if my Doc thinks a past untreated airsoft injury might be an issue, and that puts this hobby and my Naval career very much on the chopping block. Keep your fingers crossed, because the Knee issue might not be as serious as feared. There just might be a small bone fragment floating around in there causing some severe occasional pain now and then.

I do wish my fellow Juggernauts the best this coming 2012 summer season though. Just as Smith couldn't attend Pine Plains last year, sadly this one I'll have to sit it out. Duty Calls. Rolls and Lulz boys, and give 'em hell.

Seagull Out!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2676 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    Ah...You play table top W40k?