Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > sonnysonny

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Steyer AUG

Posted 10-09-2009 at 10:57 AM by sonnysonny
Steyer Augs have been hated as much as they have been loved. In my opinion, airsoft Steyers are some of the best guns around because:

They have one of the longest barrels in a small package
There are many different configurations
They are one of the most comfortable guns ever
They have a included vert grip that can be folded into a regular foregrip
They're sexy

Whats your opinion on Steyer Augs?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7118 Comments 24 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 24

Comments

1. Old
    I think the Steyr AUG A3 is the best of the AUG family. The A3 is the only model that has a large config outside barrel swaps & optics. The AUG in general is a bulky gun and then you throw in accessories you're carrying a off balance mess. It wouldn't be my first choice weapon, but Die Hard made me want one. If only Ares didn't make the Tavor.....
    Updated 10-09-2009 at 12:45 PM by UrbanMarine
  2. Old
    Eh I disagree on configurations except for the A3 model. Even then when you add stuff to the gun the balance gets thrown off. It's always felt awkward for me to wield, especially with the weight being centered on my shooting hand.
    Posted 10-09-2009 at 02:55 PM by Comrade Garcia Comrade Garcia is offline
  3. Old
    I prefer the A1, the A3 model just adds useless wait a crap load of rails.

Honestly I'd take an AUG over just about any weapon into combat. It's incredibly reliable, so much so that it has been compared to the AK47 is reliability. (They even ran one over with an apc and fired it just fine afterwards.)

Accuracy is comparable to an M16's, yet it's a full foot shorter.

Light weight.

Built in optics

And of course interchangeable barrels.
  4. Old
    Bullpup's are the way of the future. Along with lunchbox SMG's (a name I just made up) like the KRISS. Well I hope they are, they look cool
  5. Old
    I would rate the AUG below the P90 on the ugly factor... sorry.
  6. Old
    Quote:
    Like... an L85 or Tavor or FAMAS or M90/M95 or Walther WA 2000 or FN 2000?
    Quote:
    Like an M4?

Quote:
    Like an M4?

Quote:
    Like an M4?

Quote:
    They're sexy
    Like an M4?
  7. Old
    Odd example with that Walther WA 2000, considering only around 100(I think that's what I read) are even in the united states right now, 16 of which are owned by the CEO of Walther.

Still, it is correct.
  8. Old
    That's a cool gun, always liked it.
  9. Old
    Yeah, it looks so futuristic. The thing is so damn comfortable too! Gotta be the best gun I've ever held in my hands.
  10. Old
    I am in love with the steyr aug, I looked into them b4 I bought my AK, but the one i was looking at had this weird thing where if you pulled the trigger halfway it was semi-auto and if you pulled it fully then it went full-auto or something like that
  11. Old
    Yeah...a two stage trigger...like the real steel Steyr AUG......
  12. Old
    Hate to disagree with most, but I hated my AUG. Gear box right next to your head gets really annoying. The battery space was highly limiting, it seemed 8.4 or lipo were the only option.
    Some other annoyances, the fore grip seemed like it might always break, and when I had mine Mid Cap mags were almost unheard of.

As far as configurations, it seemed that there were little options for the AUG in the airsoft world, it would be cool if different size barrels would be readily available for the AUG. I much prefer the M16, I can swap the upper receiver from M16(509mm) to a M4(363mm) or a Fighting Cat (184mm) by changing one bolt.

Just my own thoughts, if you are happy with yours great.
  13. Old
    All the things Negspace Said. I will say them again.

Quote:
    Like... an L85 or Tavor or FAMAS or M90/M95 or Walther WA 2000 or FN 2000 or FN P90?
    Quote:
    Like an M4?

Quote:
    Like an M4?

Quote:
    Like an M4?

Quote:
    They're sexy
    Like an M4?
  14. Old
    +1 Phil and Negspace!
  15. Old
    Guess which wins in the reliability department, you'd be surprised
  16. Old
    Reliability also falls into the hands of the shooter, not just the manufacturer. Improper maintenance of your weapon will lead to problems. In my 6 years in the Army, I never had a serious weapon malfunction, especially a catastrophic failure. I have also never seen one, even when I was in Iraq with all of the sand and dust. Reports of Direct Gas Impingement Systems failures are greatly exaggerated to say the least.

Another thing is that being a real steel shooter, bullpups have VERY sloppy triggers. AUG's, and the one FN2000 I have shot were great close engagement rifles, but their crap triggers make them rough for long range shooting. I have never got my hands on a Tavor though, those might change my mind.
  17. Old
    I'm not saying the M4 is unreliable and dangerous blacksheep, just pointing out that in general an AUG goes longer without any issues. I'll try to find where i read it.
  18. Old
    I am a huge fan of the AUG but even more so of the m4 but the aug is good for righties or lefties.(forgot the word for that.)
  19. Old
    Ambidextrous, Spade, just looking out!

Kilo11, I wasn't trying to say that your points were invalid, in torture tests, the AUG is more reliable than the AR. But it is just a selling point that manufactures use. They leave out the fact that anyone who has to use their rifle everyday (and love it like a best friend) would never let that hypothetical ever happen. Another good example is the "Over the Beach Test" that H&K, Magpul, and other companies are doing to show how dangerous current issue M4/M16 variants are in wet environments. No shooter worth his salt would ever try those tests, even with those enhanced rifles that those companies are pushing. If you depend on your rifle you love it like your best friend, your girlfriend, and your mom all rolled into one. It is something that you have to rely on to get you home.

By the way, look up "Over the Beach Test" on YouTube, you'll get some fun videos to watch.
    Updated 10-14-2009 at 07:42 AM by blacksheep_p
  20. Old
    "By the way, look up "Over the Beach Test" on YouTube, you'll get some fun videos to watch."

Thanks for the suggestions... only found a handful of videos, but they were fun. All they did was reinforce one thing:

I want an ACR. I want an ACR. I want an ACR.