Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Son of Liberty

Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average.

Entry fees, what are we really getting for our money?

Posted 04-06-2012 at 06:52 PM by Son of Liberty
As the years progress and I look back on the past 84 months I've played Airsoft I always recall one thing; entry fees. Yes we all know that entry fees are used to pay for things such as:
New structures
Insurance
Props

But why are these entries skyrocketing? Remember the days of a certain field being $20 flat? (I won't use names because I know egos get hurt so easily on this forum) Now you have to pay $5 if you show up a little late? That seems absolutely silly! What if you hit traffic, have something occur out of your control, yet you are punished financially because you show up late? The increases in just being able to play puts a strain on those that have financial stress; like me being a college Sophomore who can barely work enough during the semester to pay for gas and other life necessities. I'm slowly but surely being turned off from going to certain places just because of how "greedy" some people seem to be. What am I really getting out of my entry. In the long run I supply my own transportation, my own ammo, on most occasions my own food, yet I have to pay 20+ dollars to basically rent grass for the day; with nothing really to show for it. Plywood structures shouldn't dictate these increases in fees. Before we know it a standard open play style game will be upwards of $30+. It's getting ridiculous.

And before someone harps on me for it, no I'm not saying it should be free I'm just thinking out loud so I'll leave it to you, why are standard games becoming more and more expensive? Greed on the field owners part, the event operators? What?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18328 Comments 67 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 67

Comments

1. Old
    And rightly so it should be cheaper (at an hourly rate) since we supply everything except the Area of Operation. The examples Franc stated would entail everything being provided by said establishment.
    Posted 04-12-2012 at 08:55 AM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  2. Old
    But the point remain, regardless if everything is provided or not, it still end up costing one way or another. Perhaps an airsoft field should charge $25 when they don't provide anything and $200 and they provide everything. The dollar value overly depends on the past, present and future investments. When your girlfriend gets her boob jobs, 80% of the cost is toward everything but the boobs. When you pay 4k$ for crown molding, 80% goes toward everything but the crown itself.

Lets take a small example here. Lets assume We are hosting at Fran Bar. The owner is charging $15/player. The organizers have $5 in event expenses (Armbands, red rag, whatever you might think). As the organizer is thinking about hosting another event later, he would like to save few bucks for his future needs. And to top all that, the organizer do not want to be in trouble and pay his taxes (if you get money, you will get taxed for it). So if we sum it up;

rental: 15
    expenses: 5
    future needs: $2
    taxes: let say %5 of $22.
    Total: $23.10

I obviously simplify the whole thing but technically speaking, I think all OE are in the same boat. Could you imagine paying $23 for Fran Bar???

The way I look at it is the subject here is about revolutionizing the price of airsoft events. I could see the point if one field was charging $200 to play while 99% other places would charge 5-10$ but when 95% of the field are +/- $5.00 between each other, what are we trying to accomplish here? Even more, but trying to cut so low, you would simply send fields and organizers at the rock bottom. So instead of having 10 field at 15-25$ field fee, you might just get 1-2 fields at $15 or worse, at $25.00

Do not worry though, I think I speak for every organizers here by saying if prices would be a reason why nobody show up at the fields, we would either cut down or simply close it, as mentioned above.
  3. Old
    $25 for a round of golf is pretty standard for a low end golf course, and they pretty much just provide the AO. This blog is silly.
  4. Old
    come on guys
    Posted 04-12-2012 at 10:58 AM by CRASH_TF330 GUNSLINGERS CRASH_TF330 GUNSLINGERS is offline
    Updated 04-12-2012 at 11:08 AM by CRASH_TF330 GUNSLINGERS
  5. Old
    Can't we all just be friends? I mean if a person can't speak openly on a forum that is basically geared towards the advancement of the sport. Then what's the point? As for an extra 5 dollar's......Anywhere you look on this site people are bragging and trying to floss because the spent all this money on guns and gear. I guess my question is whats an extra 5 buck's? I fully understand all your point's, and as valid as they may be, it flat out cost money to do this. If you did't realize this you were asleep at the wheel. I was baptized by fire in this sport. I quickly realized that everyone airsoft's for their own reason's. Some people just suck and you'll have that anywhere. I live almost 3 hour's from Springfield and everytime I've went there it was a blast. It costing me more than the average joe-six pack to travel there so the extra five bucks really doesn't matter to me. We usually stay the night. Moral of the story.... Be on time. I'm not taking anyone's side, I just don't like seeing people who have a genuine legitimate question just get **** on.
    Posted 04-12-2012 at 11:02 AM by CRASH_TF330 GUNSLINGERS CRASH_TF330 GUNSLINGERS is offline
  6. Old
    It is all about how you express yourself; In a civil and polite matter with respect, integrity and honesty.
  7. Old
    I believe I've been nothing short of civil, polite and respectful this entire blog. I think points have been made and we all get where eachother is coming from so. Lock?
    Posted 04-12-2012 at 11:49 AM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline