Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Panda

Rate this Entry

Act of Valor Review

Posted 03-17-2012 at 08:29 AM by Panda
Since you jackwagons decided it would be fun to rage and moan over your opinions in the Act of Valor thread, I'll make a blog post about it.

Going in: I was expecting plenty of action, sorta meh acting, and my money's worth from this movie. Since these guys aren't professional actors, I was expecting them to sorta be dull, drab, or the like. I was expecting good combat scenes, and from the hype, a tear jerking ending.

During: This is a movie that keeps your attention. As soon as one Op is over, they're slamming you into the next one. For people who like an in-depth backstory, this may strike you as annoying, but for those who want to see kicka** SEAL action, enjoy. there are a lot of twists, HOLY S**T moments, and times when your stomach gets in a knot. It covers all the bases.

Acting:: I'm gonna split the acting parts into Combat and Non-Combat, since it would be wrong to judge the acting altogether on one or the other.
-Non-Combat: To be honest, it was sub-par. It was not as bad as I thought it would be, though. I was expecting scenes like THIS, but it really wasn't bad for a bunch of operators. They obviously weren't center stage for high school plays, though.
-Combat: Holy dog s**t. No hollywood actor gets close to this. These guys put their all into the acting of the combat scenes. You could tell that for them, it wasn't just a movie scene, they were in the mission. It all looked so natural, no trained actor could do that. For this reason, I think that they didn't include a lot of between-gunfights scenes.

Assorted other Shiznit
-The interrogation scene was pretty boss.
-The ending, though sad, was not incredibly sad for me. My stomach was in a knot, but I wasn't really bawling my eyes out like I thought I would. Maybe it's because I don't get it, because there were a group of older gentlemen (obvious veterans, you can just tell sometimes) that were wiping their eyes with napkins and sniffling on the way out.
-Don't watch the movie with someone who doesn't understand realistic war movies (MY BROTHER). They will totally ruin it if they can't sit down and watch a war movie with the protagonists actually RELOADING and not spraying their High cap M4's everywhere.
-I swear to god, if any of you funny kids come back and tell me there were Filipinos in the movie, I might just send you an angry PM. I KNOW, I've heard it a hundred times already!!

Overall: Go f***ing watch it. It is definitely worth your time.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6031 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments