Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Kyo

Rate this Entry

What to do with yourself when all you do is work and chairsoft?

Posted 03-05-2013 at 01:34 PM by Kyo
Up until recently I did nothing but work, sleep and chairsoft. But now that I have about 25% mobility and dropping (the swelling is going down and my knee is getting more and more unstable). I am without work and with surgery coming I have no funds for chairsofting.

So now I'm in a crisis! What do I do with myself now?
Life seems so very empty and dull... I've just tried playing COD and every other game I have, reassembled Fenrir (my stubby M4 of doom), I even started to build my sandblasting cabinet till my body couldn't stay steady enough on my feet to finish and I am not having any success in ridding myself of this sinking feeling.

Saku is always at work and all my friends live hours away, I'm pretty down in the dumps .

Not many people are looking to get their guns tech'd up neither so can't earn chairsofting money or a new game.

If only there was something free or cheap that isn't minecraft, runescape or facebook games that everyone played or did that could keep me from being so lonely and bored...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9897 Comments 18 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 18

Comments

1. Old
    Kyo you should try getting into Planetside.
  2. Old
    League of Legends. Free and time consuming.
  3. Old
    Planetside is the tits. I wish I had a gaming rig to even play it still. You could always watch Netflix!
  4. Old
    If you've got a PS3, buy the Ratchet and Clank Collection. Awesome blast from the past and a great game series. It's all I've done for the last month on PS3. It is the original trilogy remastered in HD and it's freaking awesome. After that, you can get the Jak and Daxter Collection, which is the original trilogy of Jak and Daxter remastered in HD. Basically, my childhood.
  5. Old
    Mind if I ask what surgery is coming up for you?
  6. Old
    ARMA and GMOD brother man. Get Steam!
  7. Old
    Kyo, we should work on that MilSim you and Salu told me about! I really like the idea and it would give you something to do
    Posted 03-12-2013 at 11:20 PM by Fallen Warrior Airsoft Fallen Warrior Airsoft is offline
  8. Old
    Build an armored vehicle?
  9. Old
    you could try World of Tanks or Red Orchestra 2....World of Tanks is free to play, and very addictive, and RO2 is about 10 bucks on steam, and one of the best war games I've ever played if you like realism...just don't expect to beat the campaign any time soon.
  10. Old
    Methamphetamine
  11. Old
    World of Tanks and War Thunder both free to play and will absorb a lot of time.
  12. Old
    You can take chairsofting to the next level. Spend hours of your day serfing the web to build a perfect impression kit (takes time and can be fun) Then, when you get it, you can take pictures of yourself in your gear, play COD in it, and spend even more time defending it where ever you post it from angry trolls. (though there is some underlining sarcasm, its a good way to occupy your time.)

Other personal favorites, from a gaming standpoint,

Assassins creed, (lots of them now and they take a while to complete)
    Gran Turismo (if you have PS3) never gets old and its impossible to win.

Pc gaming

Medieval series games- so much fun, never ending, hard to beat (takes days of gametime to conquer the world) and there are quite literally a billion different combinations of troops, strategies, and actions you can chose from.
  13. Old
    Read a good book, Schindler's List or The Killer Angels.
    Posted 03-18-2013 at 04:30 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  14. Old
    Mortal Engines is a good book if you like giant cities on tank tracks that eat each other. Or Leviathan if you're into dieselpunk and WWI.
    See if you can get Doom 3, that's a fun game if there ever was one. Pardon my asking, but what's going on with your knee, and will the surgery fix it?
  15. Old
    Planetside, arma, path of exile, STEAM!!!!!
  16. Old
    LEAGUE OF LEGENDS! free and awesome
  17. Old
    wow didn't realize anyone posted lol ^_^

for those who didn't know I underwent some knee surgery, had a complete acl tear (rupture) and some meniscus damage, so I had a new ligament grafted in my knee.

I have steam and I've tried all the free games sadly I'm just picky ^_^

I would make anything airsoft related but stuffs cost money and since my HR person at work doesn't know how to do his job I am not getting short term disability pay. ruling anything that cost more than a dollar a week I can't buy all my money is going to the surgery and keeping my bills paid so I can at least live comfortably atm.

Fallen Warriors Airsoft I would love to work on that scenario sometime soon just need to get these painkillers out of my system they make me feel funny.

Texx I already got some things planned out for that but need the cash to start plus I still got that exoskeleton project in my queue almost got all the material issues ironed out, modelling it from lockheed martin's HULC project.
  18. Old
    try reading the series of books by G. A. Henty. They are the best books ever!