Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > The Blind Sniper

Rate this Entry

My Idea for a Mil-Sim (But unpractical)

Posted 02-05-2012 at 09:21 AM by The Blind Sniper
The story goes, year is 1949, The Soviets cut off supply lines to Allied control zones in berlin, President Harry S. Truman examines his options to counteract the Soviets. Instead of forming the Berlin Airlift, Truman Authorizes Executive Order 10497, the order was to Capture the Soviet Contol zones in Berlin. Truman does this without an offical declaration of war from congress. 3 Veteran divisons of Marines are Airlifted to Berlin to renforce the Soldiers that were already there. With the Americans taking the Offensive and the Soviets taking the Defensive, The Nazi Resistance takes this opportunity to recapture Berlin and restart the Third Reich. The Battle for Berlin has only just begun.

Okay, know lets move on to the objectives and teams.

Objective: Capture and hold Berlin (All Teams)

Teams:

Americans: The people who are attempting to take over Soviet Contol Zones in Berlin

Soviets: Trying to hold off the attacks and take over the Allied Control Zones in Berlin

Nazi Resistance: Members of the Third Reich who refuse to believe that the Nazis lost WWII and are trying to restart the Nazi Regime.

Alright, so now for what makes this milsim unpractical, i'm a stickler for Historical Accuracy, so this event has WEAPON RESTRICTIONS! which means if you don't have the following listed are the only ones you can use, no execptions.

Americans: Primaries
Thompsons
M1 Garand or Carbine
M3 Grease Gun
Secondaries
M1911 (NO HI-CAPAS!)

Soviets: PPSH-41
Mosin Nagant
SKS (similar to the SVT-40)

(No AK-47s, Reason being is that even though it existed in 1949, the Soviets kept it a secret, so secret in fact that even after the soldiers were done training with it, they had to clean up the shell casings to keep it from being seen, the first time the world has seen an AK varient was during the Invasion of Czechoslovakia in the 1960s)

Nazi Resistance: Primaries
MP-40
STG-44
Kar98K
Secondaries
Luger
Walther P38

Now what also makes this idea unpractical is the fact that i don't even own a field, but if i could choose a field for this event it would have to be Mercer Airsoft Center because of their awesome village made of plywood. (Highly recommend that place, the buildings add to the fun of airsoft.)

So that was my idea, its a failure (unless a clone company like CYMA makes a PPSH or a Mosin Nagant for a cheaper price)

but hey, i at least came up with one. i thought it was really good
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8687 Comments 19 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 19

Comments

1. Old
    *impractical
  2. Old
    Wow. I actually like this idea. Like you said, highly impractical, but awsome. Its also cool to see the Marines getting some publicity in airsoft, usually it's the Army.
  3. Old
    i love this
  4. Old
    But why couldnt the Soviets rush the AK to frontline service seeing as the Americans are starting a war. Also, both sides have Atomic weapons (just enough to destroy parts of a city, but radiate most of Berlin), so you could add that to the storyline. I think this storyline could be easily adapted to be set 20 or 30 years later, allowing the use of M16s and AKs, and it would become do able. I know its not your original intent, but the difference is one will remain on paper, the other will be played.
  5. Old
    ^So a cold war setup?
  6. Old
    Yeah, good luck finding anyone for the russian side with the restriction of AK's. The only good PPSh's out are Hexagon and ARES, both in the 300-400+ dollars range. There's not SVT's, to my knowledge, and the only Mosin Nagant I have seen was nearly 1000 dollars, spring shooting 270, and from Red Wolf. I'd add in classic AK-47's to the mix, meaning no high speed DEA FAST-Delta Force tac'ed out beast, or the AK-74, but just a plain Jane AK-47 like Mikhail Kalashnikov designed in 1946.

It is a good idea, I love it. The restrictions are not even that bad, honestly, but the problem is the availability of the guns. The idea is solid.
    Updated 02-10-2012 at 05:03 PM by Panda
  7. Old
    It needs robots and cyborgs from the future. Also, make the nazis zombies..
  8. Old
    Zeta labs just came out with a cheap mosin I believe.

Anyway, i really like this idea. A lot actually. Im kind of intetested in what uniform requirements would be. That i believe may be a problem. The weapons requiremts right now are a bit of an issue. If you pushed the date back to the berlin crisis you could allow the m14, and a couple more ak variants. With a mixture of us army and marines the outdated WWII weapons wouldnt be out of place at all. Even with the soviet side. I think it could be done with a bit of flexibility... But attendance would be a problem no matter what.
    Updated 02-11-2012 at 03:33 AM by Mothman
  9. Old
    To be honest, i think 79stang would be right about putting the AK to front lines right away, working AK variants did exists, all the Soviet government had to do is send those units who were issued with them to the fight, but the thing is, i wanted this conflict to be happening during the Berlin Blockade, and neither side really wanted to use atomic weapons throughout the cold war.

I do appreciate your comments everyone

the Zetalabs Mosin Nagant is about $500 USD at redwolf, people wouldn't buy it because you can get the Real Steal version for $100

the only uniform restriction i would impose would be no MOLLE or Modern Tactical Chest Rigs.

I probably would change the AK restriction to being allowed, but like Panda said, no tactical mombo jumbo

Glad everyone likes my idea
    Posted 02-11-2012 at 08:50 AM by The Blind Sniper The Blind Sniper is offline
  10. Old
    Check airsoft panda. They have a new M44 for cheap
  11. Old

Yo The Blind Sniper, I’m really happy for you…I’ll let you finish. But Son of Liberty had one of the best blog entries of all time! One of the best best blog entries of all time!
  12. Old
    I would be willing to play this if I had WWII guns, but I don't. Cool idea, though.
  13. Old
    Okay so you want to reenact/larp?

What are you even talking about with the AK being a secret?
  14. Old
    The Soviets believed their creation was so advanced, so they kept it a secret so no one would copy it (execpt soviet block countries)
    Posted 02-13-2012 at 07:08 PM by The Blind Sniper The Blind Sniper is offline
  15. Old
    WWII themed games HAVE been played, mostly in Europe.

Set it a few more years into the future that way you can add more guns. Such as the G3A3, Ak variants, and M16s. You could just variate the timeline and put certain circumstances in to put stress under each country to develop guns ahead of time.

Other than that, a fine idea! :P
  16. Old
    Here's my idea for an event. Everyone lines up and pays an entry fee of 10 bucks for a picture with me, my autograph and get to touch my hair (only one touch) and then I'll shake your hand and maybe give you a half-assed "sorry" for butt-hurting you on AO.
    Posted 02-15-2012 at 06:49 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  17. Old
    I think that it would be alot better if it was in a more modern time era so that the weapon restrictions wer not as limited and people could use their M16s and M4s.
  18. Old
    i like it that everyone is coming up with an improvement over my original idea, making it set in the future, no problems with that. Son of Liberty, really? i was not asking for competition on AO nor do i want it, I only wanted to express my ideas and share them to the Airsoft Community here on airsoft ohio.
    Posted 02-19-2012 at 07:11 AM by The Blind Sniper The Blind Sniper is offline
  19. Old
    Anything written by SOL, Texx, any 8th EU member, and anyone who's registration date is older than 1 year should be thoroughly scanned for sarcasm.

The above message was not sarcastic.