Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Sparky

Rate this Entry

The end of fun

Posted 06-02-2011 at 02:37 PM by Sparky
I don't frequent this site much anymore. Mainly because I'm getting tired of people thinking they're high speed Seal team 6 leet by playing MilSim and making it as "close" to the "real thing" as they can.

Threads like:
http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34958

and

http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34985

Are, in my opinion, completely unneeded and ridiculous. We've been able to maintain a somewhat stable balance between the "hardcore" players and the "backyard" players for as long as I can remember. The "elitists" attended events such as Lion Claws, Pine Plains, etc etc. While the "backyard" players attended the open plays and some of the other community hosted events.

Now it seems there is a faction of people in the community who think EVERYONE needs to be highspeed like them. Because we all need to be just like DEVGRU, or MARSOC. Originality is a thing of a past anymore, It's all about going big or going home.

Now, even though I'm sure it seems like I'm completely bashing those of you who are serious business when it comes to airsoft I'm really not. I'm just asking for it to go back to the way it was - When each type of player knew their place and the ultimate goal was to promote FUN in the game. Not promote who has the most UBER LEETZOR kit or 1:1 replica kit to X named abbreviated force.

This is airsoft, this is not war. This is not the real thing. This is not supposed to be about how much money you spend on gear or guns. This is about having fun, creating and growing friendships and giving people a chance to meet others who share the same interests as them.

I'm not a fortune teller, I don't know where this sport is going to end up. All I can say is that I will continue to promote the FUN of the sport. Where everyone is welcome no matter their budget. Because when it comes down to it, when you live in the real world, airsoft should be on the bottom of the totem pole of priorities.

Just imagine if some people on this site but as much time and effort into their family, jobs, friendships, and their "real" life as they did airsoft.... Maybe we'd already have the cure for cancer.

/endrant
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3264 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments