Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > vietec

Rate this Entry

SocomGear (continued...3/3)

Posted 02-06-2010 at 12:07 PM by vietec
Ugh, pic limits do not get along with me and my reviews...

Firing:
-Firing this thing is absolutely amazing. It doesn't waste it's time with flashy doo-dads, or fancy loading systems. You just simply feel a nice, crisp, and very
exciting "snap" everytime you shoot. It cycles quite quickly for a metal slide and barrel pistol, but then again, for what I paid, I expected this.
-Shoots around 350FPS, tested with the in-store chronograph.
-Recoils very quickly
-Has a double action trigger on the first trigger pull

Accuracy:
-This thing is quite accurate for a Gas Blow Back.
-I was able to hit a man sized target (A 22 year old male friend in fact :a-laugh from a fair distance by estimation, 30ft very easily.
-The accuracy is more than sufficient for it's intended purpose for CQB.

Conclusion:
-This gun is definitely worth the cost, accepts WE magazines, runs clean, and is an absolute delight to fire. It takes second thus far only to one gun, and that's
my KWA M93R. The best thing about this gun is that holsters should be easy to find, and decently cheap, in comparison to my beloved M93R.
-The gun looks astounding, almost everyone that I have shown this gun to loves it.
-Go try one in a store for yourself, pictures do not do the gun justice...but here's some more pics anyways!

Posted in Airsoft Reviews
Views 5543 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    Alright, so there may be a few of you guys who have broken your thread adapters, or for some other reason, wanted a replacement, well...JAGPrecision now offers a replacement. I believe that the OEM replacement is free (don't quote me on this) and they offer a second option, which is a steel part for a bit more money. I sprung for the steel option:

(The one on the left is the stock one, the one on the right is the newer steel replacement)

When the OEM one was placed against the magnetic motor, it just fell.

Steel one stuck to the motor, PROOF!
    Now as for my reasoning on getting a replacement. I initially removed the stock thread adapter to sand it down and recolor it black. I figured that I would use aluminum black, and being the nub I was, I dunked the part in aluminum black for roughly five minutes. Well, that wound up chewing up the threads on the barrel side, so the adapter just fell off upon the first shot. The replacement that I got was black, so it was good to go. I decided to thread lock (with temporary/blue thread lock) the adapter to the suppressor, so that the M9 would have a cleaner look if I decided to go without the suppressor.
  2. Old